Sunday, December 11, 2005

These are simply another morning pages, so don't expect much content beyond the usual mad ramblings, and stream of consciousness writing that you have come to expect from me. I got to go for a walk this morning and found how while I knew that Olde West became some other road, I did not realize that I already knew the other end of that road- that other end being one that has looped around over to Shrader near Longford. I keep searching for a mythical passage to Broad other than going to Hungary Springs to get there. I see a road off of Broad that would logically seem to connect, but as of yet I have not tried to get here from there. I believe someone has told me that there is no connection, but it seems foolish for there not to be one. I guess like so many other things in this world doing the logical thing just doesn't make sense. Now I'm not entirely known for doing things the logical way, but even I have my limits. In my work environment for example, there's just far too many things that just don't make sense. Rules are supposed to solve problems, not make more. As my manager Tanya put it "We just have to get creative." Someone else put it, "Don't work harder, work smarter." Either way I don't seem up to the task and it's utterly frustrating. This might explain my desires to open up a game shop, but I still have to get through the moving process before I can even begin that... not that that's going to stop me, but it will slow me down. I know that I am going to have to find a backer, and that could prove difficult. I still have yet to go by the Department of the Economy for Chesterfield Co., but I have to call lenders first and get the ball rolling on finding a new place to live. It had been Erin's and my intention to use the money Pop-Pop gave us as a wedding present to move into a new place, but I've had to steadily wheedle that down just to pay off bills. Erin had a job interview this past week, but they only wanted her for evenings and weekends, which is exactly the opposite of daycare center hours. I.e. that just wouldn't work.
Brandon's coming today. I'm looking forward to it because I've missed him the past two visits he's made because I had to go to work. I saw him briefly at the door and then I was gone. I could use some catching up on what's been going on, esp. since I don't have access to my e-mail right now. I'm aching for a game of pirates too. Of course sitting in front of the TV and watching the NFL might be what he has in mind. I haven't been able to keep track of that as well since our subscription to the Richmond Times Dispatch ran out. It's a rather Republican rag, but at least I could keep tabs on the NFL, the comics, and I enjoyed the Channels section for looking up what I wanted to watch next. Erin prefers the Guide on the remote, but I think the section is faster. I can scan down a page faster than I can hit the down button and read just about five or six stations at a time.
I miss being able to game. I'm planning on running D&D again Saturday. It'll be the first time in a while that I've been able to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment